Infrastructure Systems Engineer - IT Infrastructure Systems & Services
Chester, North West, Deeside, Chester, Northwich, Ellesmere, Runcorn, Wrexham, Cheshire, North Wales
£35,000pa to £40,000pa + £250pw On-Call + Excellent Benefits + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Azure Cloud skills with PaaS components such as Service Bus, App Services, Functions, IoT Hub, Blob Storage, HP/Cisco Networks, VMware skills to include building, managing and configuring vServers, virtual networking and storage components, Windows Server and Desktop OS configuration, O365 Administration and Azure Active Directory, Active Directory including Directory Services, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, IT Security concepts, SAN/NAS Storage Configuration, PowerShell & other scripting languages, Anti-Virus, Malware, IDS & IPS technologies, along with a good understanding of IT security concepts, Backup and Replication experience.
Highly desirable will be any exposure or awareness of Azure DevOps configuring build and deploy pipelines in YAML and using agents, Azure Infrastructure configuration using Terraform
This established, privately owned, British organisation celebrating their 41st anniversary, are seeking a professional, challenge orientated and focused IT Infrastructure Systems Engineer to enhance their Infrastructure Services Team.
Due to their continued growth, this excellent IT opportunity has arisen to join the Technology Department as a Infrastructure Systems Engineer working with a dynamic team within a business that values technology and have access to the latest, state of the art technology.
This role is pivotal and challenging, diverse and rewarding and will offer you an opportunity to grow technically as the breadth of in-house technology and pipelined projects are substantial.
The person required will require tenacity, patience, teamwork and the flexibility to go the extra mile and offer a 1st class customer experience. And as Infrastructure Systems Engineer you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with new hardware and software technologies with a number of major technical projects imminent.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Strong Azure experience building and maintaining servers along with PaaS components such as Service Bus, App Services, Functions, IoT Hub, Blob Storage.
- Strong networking skills with HP/Cisco technologies
- Strong VMware skills to include building, managing, and configuring vServers, virtual networking and storage components
- Advanced Windows Server and Desktop OS configuration
- Experienced of O365 Administration and Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory including Directory Services, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy
- Good understanding of IT Security concepts
- Experience of SAN/NAS Storage configuration
- PowerShell & other scripting languages
- Azure DevOps configuring build and deploy pipelines in YAML and using agents
- Azure Infrastructure configuration using Terraform
- Anti-Virus, Malware, IDS & IPS technologies, along with a good understanding of IT security concepts
- Backup and Replication experience
- Patch Management
- Microsoft Exchange Online
Desirable Skills include:
- IPaaS e.g. Dell Boomi
- Azure Cloud / DevOps
- WLAN Configuration
- VoIP/SIP Technology
- Horizon VDI and/or iGel Management
- Firewall and VPN configuration
- Full Disk Encryption technologies
- Experience of MDM
- Experience of ITIL practices
Desirable but not essential Certifications:
- MCSE, MCITP, MCSA