Infrastructure Project Manager (I&T)
London or Bristol
Experis are currently recruiting for a Infrastructure Project Manager position for a Central Government client. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of new technology across the business. Current examples of work include delivery of:
- Dedicated SECRET Platform to allow the sharing of data with partner agencies
- New OFFICIAL Platform to enable the use of internet based technologies: Office 365, Microsoft Teams etc, Cloud Hosting.
- Application Transformation, the review and transformation of 200 Line of Business Applications Across the Agency.
- Classification of Data, introducing new tools and techniques to the agency to classify documents and files.
- Responsible for the delivery of new Official and Secret infrastructure, the associated migration of users, applications and data and all documentation required to 'Sell Off' the projects
- Responsible for delivering a smooth and risk minimised transition of new services to the Live Services team ensuring dependencies and constraints are managed in a transparent and efficient manner
- Responsible for delivering the agreed plan, within the scope of the associated project approval (Quality, Cost & Time)
- Responsible for all 'approved' outputs up to Full Operating Capability, including the development of Service Delivery Packs for the new Official and SECRET systems
- Responsible for the planning and conduct of acceptance testing for the 'totality' of the Official and SECRET systems, inclusive of Infrastructure, Applications and Data
- Responsible for a delivery team of subject matter experts, their day2day priorities and their contribution to the agreed outputs
- Produce a dashboard and submit updates in alignment with the agreed Governance, this will include monthly H2A sessions for Forecast of Outturn (FOO), Project Review against schedule and RAID logs
- Attend/Hold meetings as required by the agreed schedule
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the delivery team
- Keep the Programme Manager and others key stakeholders briefed and informed about project status and issues that may impact the project or overall programme.
- Publish weekly progress reports as part of your project diary for the organisation to browse
Experience & Skills.
- 5 years of experience supporting Programme Manager in the delivery of Command and Control systems
- Demonstrable (>5 years) experience of Capability Delivery in a Government setting
- Qualifications in Project Management i.e. PRINCE2/APMP and/or equivalent experience
- CISSP or CISMP desirable
- ITIL V.4 IT Service Delivery Management
- Demonstrable experience of delivering outputs to Quality, Cost & Time approvals/allocations
- Experience of developing Release to Service plans and associated Benefits Maps
- Knowledge of ITIL V.4 and how it is applied
- Experience of developing Security Accreditation, ITHC, Service Transition, Security Management and test and acceptance processes for new Capabilities
- Ability to Lead a team. Knowledge of transition, upgrades, refresh projects, including integration of Waterfall and Agile delivery schedules
- Proficient in the use of MS Project and MS Office
- Experience of developing Business Cases and Cost Models in a Government setting
- Experience in Network & Infrastructure delivery, including cloud computing
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities within a high tempo Operational context
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and standard Microsoft applications.