Experis have a new 3 month contract opportunity as an Infrastructure Engineer based in Telford.
SC clearance required or eligibility for SC clearance.
Position: Network Engineer
Length: 3 months
Location: Telford with travel to multiple sites
Pay rate: £393 (via an umbrella company)
Clearance: Active SC or SC Eligible
- To network projects through a development, design, test and implementation lifecycle.
- To manage and deliver the engineering and design activities within each project to agreed timescales.
- To attend project meetings, ensuring that all activities are engaged, all solution designs are reviewed at the appropriate technical level.
- To support the project through to Live Services and underpin the ability for live support within the Network Engineering and Support Team.
- To participate in transfer of relevant skills to colleagues and other teams.
Background and Core Experience:
- Solid technical network knowledge and understanding
- Experience in scripting may come in useful
- Experience with APIs may be useful
- Hands on configuration skills including Operating Systems level
- Configuration of scanner-to-target host communication
- Experience in configuring servers (with various flavours of Operating System, middleware, database, and application servers).
- Experience of troubleshooting end to end Scanner / Target operational issues
- Integration and support of 3rd Party Applications / APIs (thinking of Skybox Vulnerability Control, Azure AD)
- General systems engineering skills
- In-depth knowledge of network engineering and security, both from a technical and a design perspective. Provision of 3rd line technical support if required.
- Significant experience of CISCO environments
- CCNA and/or CCDP certification.
- Networking hardware configuration.
- Enterprise level network management.
- Knowledge of routing protocols.
- Ability to generate hardware implementation plans based on selected products.
- Configure LAN switches for discrete networks to support project requirements.
- Configure IDS sponsors, monitoring probes and new AV software for all new servers.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply and you'll be contacted by an Experis Consultant.