Networks and Hosting - Infrastructure Analyst - Hybrid Role - Cisco Meraki, Microsoft, Windows Servers
Based in Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands plus WFH Options
£40,000pa to £45,000 + Bonus & Excellent Corporate Benefits Pack
Cisco CCNA, Cisco Meraki CMNA, LAN/WAN, IP, Wi-Fi, IPSEC VPN, Routing & Switching, TCP/IP, VoIP, Network Connectivity, Network Performance, Capacity Planning, Broadband Comms & Bandwidth. Microsoft Genealogy, Applications and Microsoft Infrastructures, Cloud, Azure, O365, Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Servers 2012, 2016, 2019. Systems Design and Systems Architecture.
The client is one of the UK's leading Leisure and Retail organisations who regularly generate £2BN turnover per annum from over 1,500 outlets across the UK.
If you are an IT Professional with a solid technical background who offers hybrid expertise in Networks and Infrastructure i.e. Cisco, Cisco Meraki and Microsoft suite of technologies, Desktop, Servers and Applications. And if you thrive on challenge in a dynamic environment, this role will offer you the opportunity to expand your technical and personal portfolio.
Supported and working with a major 3rd Party Solutions company, you will require strong hybrid technical knowledge, diagnostic expertise, fault resolutions and escalation expertise coexisting with your Technical colleagues and your 3rd Party Technical Team.
Your technical scope will require proven experience in an Infrastructure Systems or Network Analyst role involving:
- Corporate Office and Retail Network connectivity (both LAN and WAN)
- Remote Access Services for internal and external users (SSL & IPSEC VPN's)
- Wi-Fi Infrastructure and Guest Wi-Fi services
- Network Access Security (Wi-Fi & VLANs)
- Network Capacity Management, including Bandwidth Management & Forecasting
- Firewall Management & Auditing
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and network topologies, technologies & methodologies
- Experience of supporting Cisco Meraki Technologies
- Experience with hosted and cloud environments
- Good knowledge and supporting experience of Windows Servers 2012, 2016 and 2019 etc
- Good knowledge of infrastructure services such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships within vendors
- Demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills
- Highly desirable will be experience or awareness of Pulse Secure, ServiceNow, and Forcepoint
Your day-to-day tasks will involve:
- To deliver the infrastructure services across the organisation providing the support centre(s), retail businesses and mobile users with the best possible service enabling effective use.
- Responsible for the delivery of WAN & LAN infrastructure
- Provide Infrastructure Management best practice and align to industry standards.
- To provide management for discrete projects or work-streams of larger projects delivered.
- To sign-off any test plans required by suppliers to fully prove a project and manage the migration into Production.
- Design, code, and maintain PowerShell scripts (or equivalent technology) to keep Infrastructure Services up to date using automation.
- Review, assess and approve infrastructure changes adhering to the Change Management processes.
- Regularly review the capacity and efficiency of the hosting and network environments ensuring systems are performing optimally whilst keeping costs to a minimum.
- Work with the Service & Systems, and Architecture functions to ensure that all IT infrastructure adheres to the company standards.
- Be the Wi-Fi expert, managing complex network connectivity problems involving Wi-Fi, LAN and WAN.
- Own the resolution of network / hosting incidents and problems both on a reactive basis in response to critical incidents and also as part of on-going pro-active analysis to remove recurring problems.
- Manage vendors to deliver the services in conjunction with the Technical Services Manager
- Create and maintain a continuous improvement plan to increase the stability, reliability, performance, and reduce the cost of our network and hosting services.
- Work with the Vendors to ensure Systems Maintenance Plans are in place to keep the infrastructure supported, secure and optimised and aligned to roadmaps.
- Work with vendors and Architecture to ensure lifecycles are documented and plans in place to avoid lengthy outages due to obsolescence or out of support situations.
- Work with the internal teams to ensure that systems' support processes and resources are in place to meet the to deliver outstanding service.
- ITIL Foundation V4
- Network Certified desirable (e.g. CCNA, CMNA, CWNA)
- Microsoft Certificated desirable
Call Experis IT today for more information!