Job Title : EHS specialist (12 month contract)
Responsible for EHS AT AMERSHAM PLACE, Uk
Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
We are a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. We have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services - the pots, pans, soups and sauces - they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
We are looking for an EHS Specialist to drive, support and continually improve the EHS programs at the Amersham office site.
What you'll do
The EHS Specialist is responsible for managing the EHS programs, occasionally supporting the other operational sites as required under the direction of the EHS Global Leader.
- Setting up, driving and continually improving the EHS programs including establishing responsibilities and managing performance.
- Evaluating facility EHS conditions, risks and developing appropriate action plans to drive to closure
- Providing EHS guidance to ensure compliance with building, regulatory and program requirements.
- Participating in EHS compliance and program activities to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of the employees on site and the environment.
- Assisting with technical, regulatory/third party interfacing to support permitting, compliance and adherence to regulatory programs within corporate policies.
- Setting up and supporting EHS inspections, risk assessments, new initiatives, area reviews and delivering training.
- Analysing and maintaining EHS records, metrics, systems and reporting performance.
- Train and support the development of the facilities manager.
- Coordinate with waste management program contractor for timely removal of waste
- Oversight and involvement in the Contractor control permit to work system including the duties of collating, reviewing and signing off on all the documentation associated with any contractor or construction work on site.
- Prepare periodic EHS KPI reports and submission to Global EHS and site management.
Who you are
- Qualified Health, Safety / Environment practitioner holding a NEBOSH / British safety council
- Experience in Health, Safety and Environment activities ideally within a manufacturing or office environment.
- Regulatory knowledge, familiarity or experience working within contractor control programs.
- Demonstrated program management skills and strong communicator
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a demonstrated strong ability to train others successfully
- Qualifications and /or background in the field office/construction environment is advantageous but not essential
Please forward CVs to Leigh Sproston