UK Wide - Permanent
We have a new opportunity for a HPC Consultant, working for a global Information technology services and consulting company.
Sitting within the HPC support and services group, you'll play a key role in providing HPC product and customer management/support as your mainstream activity in the deployment and use of that product.
To be successful in this role, you'll be hungry to learn and understand a broad variety of technical areas required to put together complex computer systems used for a mix of research and commercial purposes
- Mastery of aspects of elements of our Super Computing Suite, SCS software product.
- Knowledge of the SCS product and support methodologies. Ability to document and investigate problems encountered, determine solutions, apply corrections
- Willingness and ability to take the lead role in running individual customers situations. Drive their usage set and enable them to get the best out of their use of the product.
- Pick up and investigate possible problems and difficulties experienced by customers across the product range where you have developed expertise.
What are they looking for?
- A real passion for technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem-solving challenges
- Through formal education or self-learning, a good understanding and knowledge of Linux and Networking
- Knowledge of scripting language using bash and/or python
- Experience with Infiniband & Slurm
What is in it for you?
- Competitive package and benefits, with bonus and car allowance
- Industry leading training and development schemes
- Chance to work with cutting edge technologies
- Genuine opportunities for progression
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms
Please apply with your CV to register your interest and to discuss how this opportunity could be the next career move for you!