Head of Subsection (IT Product & Architecture)
City of London - Negotiable salary plus excellent benefits
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our clients, a world leader in insurance/reinsurance. They stand for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity.
You will play a leading role in the technical implementation and the operationalisation of IT products used throughout UK branches, and be accountable for the success of global IT projects.
The role will report globally to the Global Head of Solution Delivery, IT Business Solutions, and be a key relationship partner to business executives within the UK.
As an active member of a global leadership team, you're responsible for ensuring team(s) are positioned to consistently deliver high quality results based on industry standard solutions, to cover the financial and reinsurance operations capabilities of the business.
- Actively oversee delivery of transform projects to ensure that they are on time and budget, and that they meet or exceed business expectations for quality.
- Provide support and management of the LH product portfolio including performing scheduled Health Checks and development of product specific strategies and roadmaps.
- Be accountable for all the project & program level status reporting, project financials reporting, resource management, financial management, timesheet tracking, etc. and act with the delegated authority of leadership.
- Foster strong relationships with various business-side executives to ensure projects and programs align to business objectives. Build trust and a reputation as a leader who gets things done.
- Actively lead the recruitment and development of talent to deliver all approved global and regional in-flight and pipeline initiatives - with an emphasis on deep business knowledge, solution architecture, DevOps and product management.
- Co-ordinate with global counterparts to standardise and ensure scaled collaboration.
- Actively manage, troubleshoot and resolve escalated items at a Program-level, including highlighting any gaps within budget or resources required. This includes vendor management deliverables.
- Manage IT and operational risks relating to compliance, risk, audit and privacy/data protection, ensuring that system and process controls are compliant with applicable policies, standards and all regulations.
- Build, lead and preserve a highly motivated and high performing world-class team culture - think globally and act locally to promote teamwork within the UK and with the broader Global IT team
- Help drive forward good Conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers / policyholders.
- Essential Proven experience in managing, leading and inspiring teams and an ability to coordinate the efforts of others in the delivery of IT initiatives to the business. Engender a spirit of teamwork and cooperation amongst colleagues - proactively resolve issues or conflicts that could impact results achieved.
- A strategic thinker and results oriented with a proven ability to analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and weigh up alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
- Strong business acumen and a proven capacity to understand the business opportunities and priorities of the organisation. Constantly seek methods of ensuring that the organisation continues to be business-like and continues to meet the standards and requirements of its regulators.
- Necessary gravitas to deal with senior business owners with an executive presence
- In depth knowledge of IT Applications Development and delivery of Business Solutions as well as proficient understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management from a support perspective.
- Proven experience owning business and partner/vendor relationships.
- Negotiation and influencing skills. Experience in a global, complex organization is an asset.
- High level of service and internal/external client orientation as well as driver of innovation for IT Business Solutions and operational efficiency.
- Cost and budget management skills.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Collaborative working style, creating a culture of accountability and sharing.
- Advanced knowledge of test management and project management tools; MS SharePoint, MS Office, PlanView, etc is desirable.
- Excellent command of English and a willingness to travel 10-15%.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply, please follow the link provided or reach out