Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
Business Unit - Land Centre
Location: Wigmore Street - London
Reporting to the Land Sector Finance Director, the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will be responsible for the integrity of Land Sector's reporting, control of overheads and governance and management of accounting policies and procedures.
* Sector point of contact for Group requests and queries
* Provision of analytical review and management information to the Land Sector and Business unit Executive Team which is dynamic to adapt to changing requirements.
* Responsibility for all Group reporting in the Sector for STC, flash, month-end, forecasts, budgets and strategic plans and ad hoc analysis.
* Ensure the accounting policies for Sector are consistent with Babcock Group Accounting manual, relevant accounting standards and that financial controls are in place and reviewed to meet the demands of the Board.
* Ensure that accounting judgements, including long term contract accounting judgements, are appropriately reviewed and documented.
* Ensure integrity of accounting data via robust and timely processing and regular review processes for management information in an ERP business environment
* Responsible for producing Sector and enabling business unit forecast, budget and strategic plan presentations
* Management and reporting of working capital in the Sector
* Responsibility for preparing all finance Exco reports, Business Review packs for the business units and Sector
* Responsibility for consolidation of Business Unit Management Accounts
* Review and management of the Sector and Business Unit overheads
* Responsibility for developing reporting architecture to support the business
* Manage programme of external and internal audits
* Manage the reporting team, their output and ensuring the service is delivered to meet or exceed the key performance indicators as referred in the Service Level Agreements
* Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
* Attendance at the monthly Business Reviews and quarterly Contract Reviews
* Deputising for the Land Sector Finance Director when required
* Lead for finance graduate programme for the Sector
* Develop and track talent in the Land Finance function
Key Technical Skills/Expertise
* Experience of ERP systems and financial consolidation tools
* Extensive PQE ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
* Strong technical knowledge/experience of Financial reporting standards
* Experience of managing large, diversely spread teams
* Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications (including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Outlook) and financial modelling.
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
- London, Greater London, England
- Job Type:
- Business Transformation
- Job reference:
- 27 days ago