Role: Head of Development
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
Location: Base location is Leeds but won't be required in the office full time
IR35: In scope
We're are Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets.
We have a fantastic opportunity in Digital Technology working on innovative new products with world class, high performing teams. We're looking for someone that has a blend of technical, delivery, strategy, and soft skills, able to represent the team authentically in executive circles.
The Head of Development role is part of the leadership team reporting to the Director of Digital Technology. The role has end to end accountability for the leadership of a number of cross-functional delivery teams, overseeing the design, creation, delivery and operation of a range of products and solutions in line with business priorities. Working in close collaboration with business stakeholders, the Head of Development also has a shared responsibility for overall business outcomes in their area including defining and managing their teams against a set of strategic OKRs and KPIs.
You will be responsible for setting our strategy for digital engineering and delivering solutions into production at pace, delivering measurable business value. You will create and oversee an integrated digital engineering function, bringing best practices for software engineering to establish and continuously improve the processes, standards and tools used for delivery.
This role will have an overall accountability for the delivery of software / product development for Digital Technology. This includes estimation, design and delivery, with local and global software development teams. Accountable for development of both new systems and a pipeline of improvements to existing services, products and systems.
This role will be a recognised authority across the organisation for the successful development of new technology solutions to establish, govern and manage a full project lifecycle across the portfolio of changes to existing IT solutions and services, with a focus on delivering sustainable business change.
* Experience of managing large agile development teams to deliver high quality digital products / solutions that conform to agreed architecture, delivering business value within expected and agreed timeframes.
* Ability to develop skills and capabilities within the team to take advantage of new technologies, and development practices as they emerge
* Experience of helping organisations leverage information and technology to take advantage of the opportunities and overcome the challenges of multi-channel, integrated digital/physical business operating models.
* Ability to think and act strategically but also to operate and implement change tactically when required, dealing effectively with ambiguity and managing changeable business priorities
* A pragmatic look in the application of quality methods and approaches, striking an appropriate balance between rigour and progress, maintaining a highly delivery-focused mind-set throughout
* Experienced in influencing and negotiating with 3rd party suppliers and partners to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
* Excellent problem-solving ability particularly when high priority issues arise that demand a quick resolution
* Good knowledge of software engineering practices including: Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous delivery and integration, full automation etc.
* Experience of managing and setting up physical and virtual environments using environments scripting tools
* Ability to manage conflicting priorities and use judgement to involve the right stakeholders at key decision points
* Ability to continuously improve and shape Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment approach to suit the Digital function
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
- Job Type:
- Digital Workspace
- Job reference:
- 12 days ago