Role: Cutover Lead
Location: London-2 days per week
Duration: 6 months
About the client :
Our client enables people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential by creating technology that transforms the way people work, play, and have fun.
- Partners with various teams within and external to the project to develop a detailed integrated cutover checklist and project plan incorporating both technical, functional, operational, and business tasks.
- The scope of this effort is enterprise wide, partnering with segment technical teams to integrate their cutover plan milestones into the overall project plan.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the Detailed Integrated Cutover Project Plan from inception, execution, and post-implementation.
- Responsible for detailed project management of the cutover and conversion deliverables to the new system, resolving discrepancies or process issues related to cutover.
- Responsible for ensuring successful planning and execution of integrated release cutover activities and associated systems' outages
- Plans the resources, human and physical required for cut-over activities across varying groups and stakeholder both within the project and external to it.
- Develops the command center logistics, communication and escalation plan and command center documentation. (policies, procedures, downtime processes)
- Provides Cutover status reporting to project leadership and key stakeholders Involved in coordination of legacy shut down activities prior to Workday activation
- Ensures entry into and exit out of cutover stage gates are met including the final Go/No-Go meetings
- Acts as the final point of escalation for all Cutover issues, proactively bringing about appropriate interventions when the Cutover may be jeopardized
- Leads cutover activities for Pre Go-Live, Go-Live and Post Go-Live
- Works closely with the workgroups to document the cutover plan for each application
- Develops back out / contingency plans for Cutover
- Coordinates requirements for Go Live including staffing and overall logistics
- Monitor data and cutover progress and communicate to leadership team including status, progress, issues, etc.
- Develop and agree the cutover approach, framework and high-level plan to "switch-on" new operating model
- Content of cutover plan includes cutover activities for programme, the hub and GCC across technology, process and technology
- Identify roles and responsibilities for delivering cutover
- Co-ordinate the development of the detailed cutover plans across workstreams
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the cutover plans
- Establish and manage governance process to oversee and track the progress and readiness to start and complete cutover activities
- Identify impact of cutover on continuity of HR BaU services during the cutover window
- Identify "out of wave" transitions and where specific cutover activities and co-ordination is required.
- Development of contingency plans in the event of issues at cutover
- Ability to define and execute multiple detailed activity plans simultaneously, maintaining an ability to articulate progress and status clearly to key stakeholders
- Natural ability to coordinate and facilitate diverse teams of different skill sets, backgrounds, cultures and languages
- Good understanding of key Workday functional process streams
- Good understanding of the Workday Data Model and its relation to other critical system (e.g., SAP, EDH, MyID, Kenexa, IQNavigator)
- Ability to conduct and facilitate workshops with business representatives, management and executive, team member resources, and external 3rd party groups
- Problem solving skills that use techniques to identify the root cause of issues and then ability to clearly communicate (verbal/orally/written) this position.
- Attention to detail in the written communications.
- Advanced communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide advice, consult and negotiate with senior management and manage key relationships between stakeholders involved in an upgrade/implementation environment.
- Comfortable in adapting working hours to align with demands of communication across multiple global time zones.
- Comfortable to perform well under pressure
- Data Management, especially of large global implementation Workday projects
- Cutover Management, especially of large global implementation Workday projects
- Functional knowledge of specific Workday/SAP modules is a plus
- Release Management concept
- Knowledge of HP ALM
- Demonstrated skills in customer facing activities covering requirements gathering, data preparation, cutover support and documentation preparation.
- Relevant Data Management and Cutover Management experience.
- At least 3 full lifecycle Workday implementation experiences for large global, multinational companies with the demonstrated ability and in-depth knowledge in all aspects of a Workday implementation and the relationships between each phase, including: Discovery, Architect, Technical, Integration, Testing, Migration, etc.