Role: Functional Automation Test Analyst
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Havant - currently fully remote
Duration: 6 months
*Candidates must operate via an approved umbrella company
Our client is one of the largest and most diverse energy companies in the UK and Ireland involved in the production, storage, distribution and supply of gas and the generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electricity and other energy services to over 9 million customers across our Retail brands. They have regularly been voted No.1 for customer satisfaction in multiple independent surveys and is one of the UK's largest generators of electricity and the UK's largest generator of renewable energy.
The client has recently embarked on a 5 year+ £1Bn IT transformation programme spanning all areas of the business to support its continuing strategy. Effectively harnessing Data and Analytics will become an essential strategic capability enabling them to continue to operate and compete effectively in its markets and business segments.
Main Purpose of Job
To enable analysis requirements and design documentation and to ensure the application or change being delivered is fit for purpose and has no detrimental effect on existing business processes. To test defects, minor works, projects and quick fixes.
- Taking ownership of minor works and quick fixes, progressing them to successful completion
- Share knowledge and experience with other members of the team, deputising for Senior Testers as and when required.
- Defining and documenting the approach to testing for minor works, in accordance with our Test Policies
- Produce basic estimates for minor pieces of work
- Defining data and environment requirements
- Producing and executing tests, reporting on progress as required
- Managing the defect lifecycle for minor works
- Ensuring targets are met and quality standards adhered to
- Developing and encouraging teamwork across multiple functions
- Functional Testing
- Automation Testing - coding in Java
- Oracle EBS
- SAP, Workday etc.
- Experience within HR, Payroll or procurement would be beneficial
- ISTQB essential
Please submit CVs today!