Full Stack Developer
Location: Wokingham/Hybrid (on site 1-2 day a week)
Length: 6 Months
Pay: £630/d - INSIDE IR35
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
Our client is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
We are currently seeking an innovative, adaptable, and results-oriented Full Stack Engineer within our Engineering team. This engineer will play multi-dimensional role across engineering lifecycle to ensure any spikes, bulge in the engineering throughput is managed apart from being the thought leader and hands on technology enthusiast who enjoys playing an active role in making agile teams successful. Fully conversant with agile/SAFe ways of working with strong foundations in Development, Test, Architecture and Design will mean you can wear different hats and roll up sleeves to fix issues/short term commitment where possible.
About This Role:
- Full stack engineers are experts & advanced skilled software engineers who design, test and implement software applications. Full stack engineers are involved in all stages and all areas of software development as well as architecture design, performance evaluation, code review, and internal tool management
- Be an advocate of 3 Amigos principle and work very closely with fellow BA, Dev and QA squads
- You will be responsible for the overall development and implementation of multi-layered software applications. Your responsibilities will extend from QA to high-level programming, performance testing, and systems integration
- Ensure success as a full stack engineer, you should have advanced programming skills, experience with application development, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Top-rated full stack engineers create and implement advanced software systems that perfectly meet the needs of the company
- Able to lead and work with multi-vendor, multi-location teams and have proven experience in working in large complex integrations
- Understands DevOps ways of working and has operated in environments where there has been a fully automated/integrated pipeline on a microservice driven architecture.
- Broad understanding of Red Hat platforms, Openshift/Kubernetes container orchestration will be an advantage
- Knowledge of coding styles, practice and standards will be great as we are bringing step change in our engineering functions
- Reviews user Stories/features. Has been part of creating PI Plans and steering the objectives and milestones for the team. Alongside requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Develop and apply QA processes for new and existing systems to meet IT project delivery needs and is fully aware of the concepts of fully automated test pipeline in a containerized environment.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, solution architects and project managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing multi layered, micro service-based products
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g., Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Master's degree in computer sciences/engineering or in related fields
- Software Certifications applied in Full Stack Engineering roles
- Experience working in mission critical, real time complex assignments