ROLE: FRONT-END ENGINEER
LENGTH: Until 1/12/2021
RATE £638 INSIDE IR35
· We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
· Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
· You will work with the Graphics Designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
· Design client-side architecture
· Develop new user-facing features
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
· Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
· Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- They should have a good understanding of web development, systems integration and consumption of APIs. Below
- I list some of the soft and hard skills most needed by the role.
· Git is our source control system, so understanding of Git (and Bitbucket) is essential.
· In addition to Git, as many of the below skills as possible should be fulfilled
· React is our primary development language. Deep understanding of Typescript, PWAs and related practices
· (styled components, hooks, etc.) is essential
· Understanding of server-side CSS preprocessing e.g. Sass
· Wireframes & Rapid prototyping mockups, typically done in Balsamiq
· Experience working with high-fidelity mockups & the Adobe Create Cloud suite of products
· Good understanding of asynchronous request handling & API consumption
· Proficient understanding of cross-browser/device compatibility
· Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
· (Optional) Knowledge of Gatsby and other static-site generation tools would be beneficial
· As many of the below skills as possible should be demonstrable, with the emboldened skills being essential
· Firm grasp of SDLC best practices including
· Agile principles
· DevOps practices & philosophies
· Test Driven Development / Behaviour Driven Development
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Business analysts are responsible for ideating and defining the business capabilities required by a given project.
· You will be the technical counterpart to help describe the technology capabilities to meet these business needs. Being able to articulate technical solutions to non-technical and partially-technical stakeholder is a must
· Collaboration and working as part of a team
· Patience and open-mindedness
Due to high volume we will only be responding to candidates with the matching skillset