FPGA Engineer -Portsmouth
Up to £55,000 DOE + benefits - Bonus, contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, medical scheme, childcare vouchers and other leisure discounts etc
A leading global defence company are looking for a FPGA Engineer to join a growing team working on a variety of interesting projects, playing a key role in innovating the application/integration of digital hardware technologies to build novel secure systems.
Your work as an FPGA Engineer will include the design and implementation of complex firmware solutions and you will contribute to all stages of the project lifecycle to develop Navigation, Cryptographic or Digital Signal Processing (DSP) devices.
- You will be responsible to Project Design Authority for all firmware related activities
- You will plan work effectively, including breaking down problems into manageable work packages
- You will have the ability to accurately cost work and manage risk
- You will be producing written documentation of technical work in accordance with Project requirements
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to write and debug VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with simulation or synthesis tools e.g ModelSim, Synplify, Vivado, Quartus etc.
- Experience of design and implementation of high-speed Digital Processing Solutions and systems in FPGA
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or similar
If you're interested in finding out more, I would love to hear from you.