Fleet Operative / Driver
Location: Minley, Camberley
Pay rate: £11.96 PAYE- Umbrella option available.
2 x 6 months contract
1 x 8-week contract
General description of Job:
- Drive/Operate MOD vehicles under the control of the military and as directed by HTS line management.
- Drive Operate HTS/Client vehicles as directed by HTS line management.
- Fulfil driver EC responsibilities in accordance with the Unit Equipment Care Directive (UECD) and relevant Army Equipment Support Publications.
- Deploy on tasks in accordance with contracted terms and conditions.
- Drive and operate licenced and certificated vehicles in support of RSME transport tasking.
- Carry out all user maintenance and equipment care for vehicles as required.
- Deploy on task as appropriate in support of RSME tasking as directed by line management.
- Comply with all transport legislation and regulation, both military and civilian.
- Operate at all times in accordance with Safe Working Systems to ensure safe working at all times and to promote a positive safe working culture.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
· Hold Full Driving licence with minimum Category D.
· Hold Full Driving licence categories C+E & D
· Practical experience maintaining roadworthiness of vehicles.
· In depth understanding of driver's hours regulations, either; as per JSP800 Vol 5 or EU regulations.
· Experienced in load restraint and load safety.
· General Service (GS) trained on Land Rover and Military Support Vehicle 6 ton (MANSV 6T).
· Experienced in off-road driving.
· Converted to drive dual purpose Troop Carrying Vehicles (TCV)
· Vocational driving certification appropriate to Unit vehicle holdings
· Self-Load Dump Truck (SLDT) trained and certificated.
· MML DROPs vehicle trained and certificated.
· Experienced and current on driving/operating all vehicles and equipment detailed on FMT600 driving permit.
· Qualified and certificated in Slinger Signalling.
· Any LML Q must be supported by accredited Lift Supervisor training and certificate
· Holds Driver CPC.
· Defibrillator trained
· Qualified in Emergency First Aid (minimum)