Firewall and Switch specialist - Digital Archiving Infrastructure
Our Public Sector client is recruiting for a Firewall and Switch Specialist. The role will be remote with occasional office time. The role requires SC Security Clearance
Defining and agreeing the rules to be applied in the new firewall
Implementing the replacement firewall and switch, working with the supplier once selected
Assisting with any necessary configuration changes on the rest of the infrastructure, specifically on the department's servers which are currently being migrated from RHEL6 to RHEL8
- In collaboration with the wider team, support migration from the department's existing Cisco firewall and core Ethernet switch to modern replacements which are currently being procured.
- This will include:
- Understanding the architecture of the current infrastructure, and the configuration of the existing firewall and switc· Defining and agreeing the firewall rules to be applied in the new firewall
- Implementing the replacement firewall and switch
- Assisting with any necessary network-related configuration changes on the rest of the infrastructure, specifically on departmental servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Supporting the implementation of approximately 24 new physical servers as part of the migration.
Key Skills / Experience
- Demonstrable experience of the design, implementation and migration of firewall rules on Cisco and other manufacturers' firewalls
- Demonstrable experience of working on Cisco and other manufacturers' Ethernet core switches
- Experience of working within GDS standards and best practice
- Experience of working in the public sector