Location: Coventry (WFH for the foreseeable)
We are actively looking to secure a Financial Accountant to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
This role within the Accounting Business partner team will be responsible for various day to day elements of accounting for certain legacy companies as part of the wind down for these companies over the next few years.
The role will be interacting regularly with the businesses in the UK and the shared service centre.
- Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements for the businesses. This is for monthly, quarterly, and annual positions.
- Provide day-to-day support to the Senior Financial Accountant who is responsible for the other companies.
- Develop strong working relationships to ensure that there is a strong and full knowledge of the legacy business with a view to converting this into the consequent impact on financial systems.
- Completing certain Controlling related tasks e.g., reporting, forecasting, budgeting.
- Preparation of any supplemental information required on a quarterly basis for the Centre of Competence.
- Ensure that information provided by the businesses is validated and challenged prior to being processed by the Shared Service Centre.
- Production of the statutory accounts including disclosures.
- Provision of tax pack related information to the Tax team.
- Completion of any other external related reporting e.g., Office for National Statistics forms.
- Ensure that the financial statements are technically correct and in accordance with the businesses accounting manual and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Support the implementation of process improvements, ensuring that they remain effective and efficient.
- Provision of technical accounting advice.
- Ensure that the accounting ledgers are compliant with UK tax requirements (Corporation tax, VAT, PAYE etc).
- Be a key user for modules within Globe (e.g., Accounts Payable, Receivables, Banking etc) so that colleagues can refer business queries to ensure smooth operation.
- Liaise with Internal Audit and external auditors and the business to fully support audits.
Scope of decision making:
The post holder is able to make day to day decisions with regards to:
- Challenging the business on accounting principles
- Application of accounting rules to business transactions
- Escalation of key matters to the Senior Financial Accountant and also the Head of Accounting
- A degree or equivalent level qualification
- A relevant professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Practical post qualification experience.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good technical accounting skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong knowledge of SAP Accounting systems and processes
- Flexibility to work to tight timescales
- A desire for continuous improvement
- IT literate, with Excel being a prerequisite
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.