Finance Bid Lead - Bristol / Staverton - 3 Months Initial
Finance Bid Lead - Bristol / Staverton - 3 Months Initial
The rate on offer is £400 per day via an umbrella company
Candidates will need BPSS clearance for this position.
Reporting to the Bid Finance Manager, will lead and support on all financial aspects of major bids and growth projects within the UK Aviation.
The role will be focussed on providing financial leadership, cost modelling and data analysis for individual projects and bids, but will also provide support in all other areas of business growth, including the provision of bid and financial appraisals, budgeting and financial management, pipeline and order book management, and strategic planning.
The role requires flexibility on location (Bristol or Staverton) and working hours as bids and projects dictate.
Key outputs/deliverables will be:
- Lead and provide finance support to bids and other growth projects through provision of advanced financial modelling capability
- Ensure bid cost models are current, accurate and reported on a monthly basis as part of the Business review process, and that they are managed in line with approval levels
- Continuously improve bid cost models and other relevant Finance Growth models and processes
- Lead and provide support to any stakeholder engagements that may be required to support new business or bid activity e.g., customer, legal/commercial, bank and specialist support, Group
- Ensure consistent application of Bid, Finance and Treasury policies across all activities
- Ensure the integrity and appropriate management of the commercial sensitivity of any bid pricing models
- Preparation and presentation of relevant financial results and forecasts; including bid cost forecasts, bid reporting packs, budgets and forecasts
- Support the reporting of the new business pipeline
- Ensure that all relevant management reporting information is delivered accurately in an appropriate format and in a timely manner to Business Unit management team
- Support the Bid Finance Manager as required in strategy, business development and growth-related activities
- Lead and Support and business/sector initiatives
- To develop and maintain detailed financial models relating to bids, strategy and new business, ensuring the financial integrity of these models
- To support bids and rebids as required, and assume responsibility for the integrity of financial data used in bid models and submissions (at all stages of the bid process), ensuring compliance with Group bid policies at all times
- Optimisation of bid constructs in line with Regulatory frameworks e.g. IFRS15, IFRS 16
- Working capital management and cash optimisation/management especially with regard to bid constructs
- Financial support into new contract implementations
- Assist where required in the implementation of new Group policies, changes in accounting policies where relevant, and in ensuring adherence to internal controls
- Ensure resilient controls, processes and reviews are in place to manage the financial resilience of bids and projects in line with Financial and Governance Policy and customer's regulations and procedures
- Ensure key financial controls are in place and operating effectively in all models and processes
- Responsibility where required to provide information for customers, e.g.:
- VFM reviews/Benchmarking
Additional Key Accountabilities
- Ensuring the Business Processes provide effective controls whilst meeting the demands of the business and any regulatory body.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognised professional qualification. ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Minimum of 2 years PQE
- Advanced Excel modelling skills, good knowledge of MS Office
- Advanced numeric, analytical and technical skills
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review
- Proactive planner and project manager
- Strong oral and written communicator
- Proven record of delivery against targets
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards
- Anticipates and encourages change
- Strong cross-functional networking and collaboration skills
- Prior knowledge of the aviation market sector or government/defencecontracts
Skills & Competencies
Key Leadership & People Management skills
- Effective matrix management of the customers of the service and the other functional units within the Finance/Bid teams
- Partnering; champions a partnering approach to both business and management of people; knows and understands the key business value of partnering and applies it to both internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Performance; supports a culture of high performance and people management
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Self-starter able to define and satisfy the demands of stakeholders and customers of the process through accurate and timely consolidation and modelling of information, interpretation of the results, and the presentation of the results in a manner that supports and challenges the business.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to engage effectively with all Business Unit, Divisional and Group stakeholders and operate robustly and credibly at a senior level, working as part of senior management teams where necessary.
- Adopts a customer-centric approach to delivery of service.
- Ability to foster an organisational culture that is positive about change and committed to delivery of business objectives.
- A demonstrable team player with an ability to help motivate those working with them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and negotiate to ensure key decisions, deadlines and targets are met.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify issues faced and to find solutions to those issues pro-actively.
- Supports a culture that demands active two-way engagement with all customers and stakeholders including people within the organisation
- Encourages and supports others to give their best; understands how different people are motivated and acts accordingly