Rich Text Editor, tor__flistingLayout, Press ALT 0 for help
Job Title: Fabricator Plater
Help us make the world a safer place
We currently have an opportunity for a Plater to join our Production team working within Defence Systems Technology (DST) at our facility in Ashton, Bristol.
DST is a business unit within the Marine Sector of Babcock International Group. Working on a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, DST works with a number of key clients domestically and internationally. We're based at a number of sites in the UK and overseas. The business continues to win new work and grow at a significant pace, as a result we are recruiting for talented, enthusiastic and driven people.
The difference our new Plater will make
The successful individual will be working in a small but highly effective team where the highest of standards will be expected from both a technical and behavioural perspective.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Plating / Fabrication of large high strength, quenched and tempered Steel assemblies for the defence industry
* Fabrication of assemblies used for lifting and handling in the defence industry
* Fabrication from design drawing and CAD modelling
Who we're looking for
You're someone for whom collaboration and working in partnership comes naturally. You will be a self-starter who wants to make a positive impact on a daily basis.
* Working to high quality standards
* Experienced and capable in reading complex fabrication drawings
* Experienced working safely within health and safety boundaries
* Experience of flame cutting/profiling, rolling, press brake.
* CAD experience (desirable)
* Experience of fabrication / plating in the defence industry (desirable)
Skills and attributes
* Used to working to tight deadlines
* Able to work on own initiative
* Team player who can work in a close knit team
Education and qualifications
Time served apprenticeship or similar in welding / fabrication
Lifting and Slinging experience and associated qualification
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.