Systems Engineers (training provided)
Full time, permanent position
£35,000 + £3,000 bonus - starting salary
The ideal candidate will have active SC Clearance or be eligible to undergo SC Clearance.
The Experis Academy has an exciting and unique opportunity for candidates to be trained to become experienced Systems Engineers working for one of the biggest thought leaders and market leading organisations within the UK. This is a great opportunity to join Experis' ever growing Academy division where you will be trained and developed whilst representing Experis on one of our leading engineering accounts. Our Academy programmes train and develop wider talent pools who work towards becoming permanent members of our industry leading customer communities.
Successful candidates will have engineering experience or experience in a transferable field, such as electronics, cyber systems, software, hardware, electromechanics, or RF.
Candidates will get the opportunity to work on the latest cyber security, radar, and electronics projects in the defence sphere. Projects will involve working with national security customers across a combination of hardware, software, and RF projects.
As part of the extensive programme, you will receive both on the job and classroom-based learning providing you with the necessary tools, experience, and training to help develop your skills within Systems Engineering in this domain. The training will be centred around the systems engineering framework, covering systems thinking, systems engineering fundamentals, requirements engineering, architecting, product design, systems engineering and architecting standards, model-based systems engineering, systems integration, and systems testing.
Once the training programme has finished, you will transition to become a permanent employee of our customer, bringing with you all the training and awareness that you have developed to enable you to work on cutting edge Systems Engineering solutions.
Day to Day Responsibilities will include:
- Meeting stakeholders in various Government organisations, understanding their needs and developing Requirements.
- Responding to bids.
- Working flexibly, either as part of a team, singly or as a technical team leader, on projects and tasks to develop and deliver solutions.
- Understanding and applying a Systems Engineering approach across the full lifecycle ('strength in breadth')
- Identifying, engaging, and managing diverse internal and external stakeholder communities.
To fit the minimum criteria to apply, applicants must possess the following attributes:
- Candidates with experience in engineering or a transferable skillset, e.g., RF/ electronics/ software/ hardware/ cyber security/ radar.
- Eligible for SC clearance or currently holding SC clearance.
- Be a "Systems-thinker" with a positive "can do" attitude
- Ability to make sound judgements on integrated solutions
- Ability to deliver results on time, meeting cost and quality targets
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Good team player with good customer facing presence
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Competitive salary based on a 37-hour working week, with bonus opportunities
- Gain an entry point into a leading defence and security organisation and the opportunity to secure a high-profile system engineering role with strong growth and acceleration in that field
- On the job training in systems engineering to interject your career towards Senior Systems Engineer
Other benefits include
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical and Dental cover
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Maternity Pay/Shared Parental leave and paternity leave
- Sick pay
- Adaptive working to support different ways of working (flexibly, on-site, remotely or via hybrid working).
Please note that we offer referral bonuses of £300 worth of Amazon vouchers per placed candidate, so pop CVs across