Solutions Architect (SC Cleared)
Our Central Government client are recruiting a Security Cleared Solutions Architect.
A solution architect is needed within the Design Authority (Technical) to actively develop technical designs and approaches in support of a number of key programmes of activity and delivery with this including, but not limited to:
- Design support to Tier1 hybrid hosting (on premise and Cloud);
- Design support and assurance of the capabilities under Tier 1 End User Compute;
- Support to other key Transform & Improve projects;
- Defining key aspects of the client's enterprise architecture;
- Development of technical strategies, standards and reference architectures.
- Design and implement technical solutions (at all security classifications up to SECRET) that align to client architectural principles and standards
- Support the development of policies, standards and guidelines for technologies and systems.
- Support the development and maintenance of strategies, plans and approaches.
- Deliver architecture design documents, or review design documents provided by others.
- Liaise with projects and business representatives to design and implement solutions in line with the business requirements.
- Provide technical support and training (if required) of the technology personnel to ensure high level of performance.
- Carry out assessments to identify operational limitations and gaps in functional coverage of designs.
- Ensure proper documentation of solution designs in line with processes.
- Support the creation of clear and cohesive technology roadmaps.
- Create design patterns, and individual system designs to meet business needs.
- Design and deliver Transformation including convergence and consolidation project(s) working with existing and new suppliers.
- Develop design governance performance dashboards for senior management and board consumption.
Key Skills / Experience
- Ability to write architectural design documents, or review design documents provided by others.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data centre, and application software.
- Proven ability in clearly presenting technical approaches (strategies) to CxO level as well as external partners.
- Ability to articulate complex technical subject matter in ways that are understood by a non-technical audiences and to clearly articulate the risks as well as the benefits in a similar manner.
- Experience within Secure Government organisations as a technical architect or infrastructure architect.
- Experience in designing and implementing secure 'On Premise' Infrastructure Solutions.
- Experience in designing and delivering secure infrastructures within cloud environments (Azure, AWS).
- Excellent understanding of Government Security processes and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture methodologies and frameworks and extensive experience of their application.
- Broad and up-to-date knowledge of IT capabilities and services including cloud computing, end user computing, on-premise hosting, identity and access management, virtualisation, application development and management, device management, mobility solutions, secure gateways and remote access, management infrastructure and cross-domain solutions.
- Experience of technical design and formal review of technical solutions.
- Experience of the effective adoption and implementation of IT standards and frameworks.
- Proven experience of supervision or first line management.
- Experienced in effective decision making.
- Experienced in technical architecture and design within planning and project work. Proven experience of developing design artefacts under a number of architecture frameworks e.g. MODAF, DODAF, TOGAF.