Job Title: Engineer
Location: DSG Donnington
The purpose of this role is to:
Provide the first line Engineering support, to the organisation, with specific responsibility for defence vehicle platforms.
Ensure the timely and effective investigation and response to requests for technical / quality assistance, promoting Improvement opportunities. Ensure timely and effective communication (and escalation as appropriate) to stakeholders, to include (but not limited to) PMO and P&SC.
The post holder is resposible to:
- Provide technical support to the evaluation and introduction of new activity.
- Provide technical support to existing works including ability to consistently meet customer requirements, quality of spares and materials - raising Non Conformances, engaging third parties, process support, creation and management of technical documentation.
- Review and enable changed customer technical requirements.
- Establish risk to the enterprise and its commitments arising from any technical related inability to meet customer requirements in quality, cost or delivery terms.
- Provide engineering governance of ERP technical data and info.
- Educated to Level 2 in National Qualification Framework (NQF) as a minimum (Intermediate apprenticeship, Level 2 NVQ, GCSE - Grade A* - C, O Level A - C, CSE Grade1) or equivalent workplace experience
- Completed relevant technical or vocational qualification equivalent to NQF Level 3 (Advanced apprenticeship, level 3 NVQ)
- Competent PC user (MS Office, MS Outlook, SharePoint, ERP system)
What else do I need to know?
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.