EMEA Events Project Lead - Medical Education
11/05/2021 to 31/12/2021
Fully remote except when travelling
37 hour week - £40.50 p.h. (£299.70PD) LTD
*** This position requires very frequent travel within Europe and other regions (~30% up to 50% during congress busy periods) ***
The purpose of this document is to provide a detailed description of the main accountabilities, tasks and activities to be undertaken by the person in the EMEA Medical Affairs "EMEA Event Project Lead" role.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To work strategically with the therapy area in the coordination and implementation of medical education events and materials, including development and execution of digital programmes, in line with EFPIA code
- Help disseminate medical education materials to OpCos where appropriate
- Responsible for the medical education project coordination of large/complex HCC sensitive cross border medical events (standalone, congresses…):
- Manage the set up and operational execution of HCC sensitive cross-border events, according to MESRL's expectations and interacting with other med comms. Digital or logistics agency, including overall event budget management responsibilities
- Together with event owner also manage customer interaction with HCPs/HCOs/Scientific Societies organizing congresses and third scientific party events
Medical Event preparation
- Work with event owner on yearly plans of events and programs
- Coordinate the preparation of Medical HCC sensitive Events with the EMEA MAF team(s) event owner (MESRL for ME activities, or EMPL, EMAD, EMAs, for other MAF events)
- Responsible for set up of preparation meetings with Event owner and internal/external stakeholders/agencies.
- Proactively reach out to event owner in a continuous way and escalate issues if needed
Event Project Management
- Responsible for preparation, conduction and closure and reconciliation of large/complex HCC sensitive cross border medical events (standalone, congresses…)
- Together with event owner, select & contract medical communication, production (including digital production) and logistics agencies for each event
- Together with the event owner, manage HCP communications and relationships
- Coordinate, align and act as primary contact point with all external agencies
- (MedCom, Logistics, production)
- Closely work with the EMEA Event Support (P2P) team to follow contract, payment processes and event post filling reconciliation.
- Align with OpCo colleagues on dissemination of materials and the localisation of regional (parent/child) events and handle logistic updates and communication with OpCos on event basis
- Ensure effective onsite delivery
- Coordinate event wrap-up and evaluation including feedback forms
- Management all HCBI aspects related to event project management: iCONNECT submission, exception or incident, post event filing and archiving, Transfer of Value (ToV)
Budget management tasks
- Follow-up with involved agencies their budget estimates and work orders/contract
- Request PO numbers and work closely with the EMOS and EMEA Event Support Team (P2P)
- Follow up on invoices and reconciliations, support budget owner with reconciliation review of events (review agency budget proposals according to job description and rating cards).
- Responsible for budget planning, tracking and reporting of large events together with event owner and EMOS
- Provide EMOS with all required information for the MAF budget consolidation
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with regulatory guidelines, HCBI and company policy and for medical education projects follow the ME Excellence guidelines
- Maintain open communication and cooperation with other individuals in EMEA Medical Affairs Team to ensure knowledge exchange and sharing of good practice.
- BSc or similar
- Familiarity with EFPIA and/or local code in country where based
- Fluency in English language required.
- Fluency in additional EMEA languages an advantage
- This position requires very frequent travel within Europe and other regions (~30% up to 50% during congress busy periods)
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills, time-management skills and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven skills at developing and managing varied relationships within and outside the company.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues that arise during execution of task.
- Very organized and process oriented.
- Knowledge of travel policies (AMEX), and internal systems used (including Concur, ICD, Cornerstone, eMP, LYNX and others ) of benefit
- Awareness of, and advanced training in, Healthcare Compliance Business Integrity (HCBI).
- Knowledge of event creation and management in iConnect
- 2-3 years' experience in Pharma in an events or field based role
- Experienced in working in a complex matrix / virtual environment
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to those meeting our above requirements.