Embedded Software Engineer
Up to £60 per hour
Our client is a leading provider of jet engines, components and integrated systems for the aerospace industry.
To work as part of team, contributing to the overall design & development of real time embedded software to the guidelines of DO178B/C Design Assurance Level A and associated processes.
- Software Development (requirements, design, code)
- Software Verification (review, test, analysis)
- Undertake software engineering tasks as requested by team lead.
- Provide feedback if the task appears more complicated than first envisaged.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Proven understanding & significant experience within the Aerospace industry (or similar) in at least 4 of the following areas of real-time, embedded software development:
- SW requirements analysis
- SW design
- Implementation (language is C)
- Module test
- Integration test
- Timing analysis
- Experience of target hardware (one or more of the following: PowerPC (Freescale P10xx), Coldfire, PIC Microcontroller, TMS320)
- Experience in requirements and/or design verification and validation
Desired Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience in use of: DOORS, TI Code Composer Studio IDE, WindRiver Workbench, LDRA (or similar), Dimensions, Rally and Jenkins
- Experience to Agile and/or iterative development processes
- Exposure to support of Aerospace Certification Authority led activities, including SOI Audits
- Experience in writing assembler
- Knowledge of network protocols inc. ARINC 664, ARINC-429, ARINC 629 and ARINC-825 (CAN)