Embedded Software Engineer
Our client are experts in Defence, Aerospace and Security markets and use their extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic Embedded Software Engineer to develop software for cutting edge electronics systems. You will be solving technically challenging problems and may work on a variety of projects, from rapid developments with tight time-scales (a few days/weeks) to full scale system developments (1+ years).
You will work closely with specialists from across a number of disciplines which may include; RF, electronics and FPGA design, digital signal processing, secure products, navigation products and cryptography. You will also work throughout the engineering lifecycle, applying rigorous engineering practices; analysing, designing, implementing, testing, supporting and maintaining solutions that solve the mission-critical problems of our customers.
- Responsible to Project Design Authority for software development and related software engineering activities.
- Produces written documentation (including presentation material) of technical work in accordance with Project requirements
- Rapid learning of current technologies in support of research and products.
- Innovation in the application/integration of digital hardware technologies to build novel embedded systems
- Communicating ideas with multiple stakeholders and customers, at all levels, technical, non-technical and management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in a computer science, engineering or maths subject or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Ability to develop in C++.
- Experience of working in a rigorous engineering environment using configuration management and change management processes and tools.
- Knowledge and experience of the specification, design and implementation of complex software solutions.
- Experience using software design, development environment and test tools such as Enterprise Architect, Visual Studio, etc.
- Experience of designing software using UML.
The organisation is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need either hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- Significant long-term investment in learning and development
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listens to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets