Electrical Test Technician
Shift pattern: Mon-Thu 9.75h from 3:45pm to 1:30am inclusive of 1h paid dinner.
The Electronic Test Technician will carry out pre-defined test processes for downhole equipment per a laid-out test procedure & record test data using online test results system for each individual tool.
This can entail trouble shooting and problem solving of the results, carrying out remedial work for the tools to regain their test parameters.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Fault find to component level on PCB's using related equipment, e.g. Oscilloscope, etc.
* Use of hand tools for basic mechanical assembly
* Reading, understanding & interpretation of engineering drawings
* Working with 1.6VDC up to 500VAC (3 phase)
* Testing of equipment including Electrical safety checks e.g. Megger & flash testing
* Program firmware onto PCBA's using applicable programming packages (PICSTART+, MPLABS, ect.)
* Good communicator at all levels
* Flexible approach to extra working hours to achieve production targets
* Ability to learn and take on new skills
* Work to quality standards i.e. ISO/QS9000
* To be proactive in ensuring that health and safety is our first priority including both company employees and those of the suppliers & customers.
* Able to communicate failure modes to different levels within in the business.
Knowledge & Experience:
* Electronic based apprenticeship, HNC qualification or equivalent experience
* Previous electronics test experience essential
* PC literate
* Able to work as part of a dynamic team as well as independently
* To be able to work with minimal supervision
* Ensure time taken is accurately recorded using ERP system.
* Comply with company rules and procedures.
* Able to work on own initiative, to meet agreed objectives in a timely manner.
* HNC qualification or equivalent experience
* Engineering apprenticeship or similar training
* Experience using ERP system (SAP preferable)
* Soldering and wiring to IPC-A-610
Please submit your CV in the first instance.