Digital User Researcher - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (FTC)
£31,607pa to £36,371pa + 25 Days Holiday + Office Closure Days - 2 Week Christmas Break + Bank Holidays + Health + Pension - Hybrid Role - Potential for 1 or 2 Days per week on site.
Locations - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, East Midlands, South Yorkshire
Experience of using UX, Digital Collaboration Tools and Visualisation Tools like Miro will be advantageous!
This client is an established leader, and highly ranked in the UK's Higher Education Sector. They promote digital sophistication and put user needs at the heart of their decision making strategy. A key component of this is to include user research in all their digital projects and programmes.
Objective: The post-holder will require proven experience and introduce Digital User Research practices into a growing team and support a user centred culture within the in-house project team.
As the Digital User Researcher, you be tasked with the initiation of new concepts, recommending new and useful user insights, and work closely with Analysts and Developers to improve User Services.
Role Responsibilities: As the Digital User Researcher, you will play a crucial role in shaping the design and development of digital products by employing a variety of research methodologies.
You will challenge the norm, using user insight to deliver digital solutions that work for everyone.
Principal Duties / Responsibilities: Your role will encompass all the following, but the balance of duties and responsibilities will be determined in discussion with the post holder's line manager:
Plan, design, prepare and run user research activities to support digital change, including:
- Consider best practice for user research before and after digital solutions are developed.
- Own and create high quality user researcher deliverables, including user personas, journey maps, user flows, usability testing reports, affinity diagrams, survey findings and reports, heatmaps and analytics reports.
- Design, execute and analyse qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Analyse research data and synthesis findings so that research is shareable and traceable.
- Present evidence-based recommendations and avenues of future research.
- Plan and execute usability testing sessions to evaluate the usability and effectiveness of digital interfaces.
- Analyse and interpret usability test results to inform design iterations.
Work across different project teams within Digital Technologies to promote and delivery user research.
- Promote a user centred design way of thinking for the continuous improvement of our solutions.
- Collaborating with other project team members to ensure good user research practice is embedded into all solution design activities.
- Develop and execute research plans, ensuring alignment with project timelines and goals.
- Supporting colleagues on projects who are conducting their user research.
- Collaborate closely with designers, product managers, and developers to integrate user insights into the product development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with design and product teams to ensure alignment with user needs.
- Conduct in-depth user interviews and ethnographic studies to uncover user behaviours, pain points, and motivations.
- Translate qualitative data into actionable insights for design and development teams.
Contribute towards the development of our service design and user research approach, including:
- Identify new user research techniques and practices and recommending where we could use them.
- Develop our central repository for research and work utilising a user centred approach helping to create resources to assist staff in conducting their own user research.
- Design and implement surveys to collect quantitative data on user preferences and behaviours.
- Work with statistical tools to analyse and derive meaningful insights from quantitative data.
- Offer analysis, stay abreast of industry trends and conduct competitive analyses to identify best practices and areas for improvement.
- Advocate for user-centric design principles throughout the organisation.
Certifications will be advantageous.
Call 0121 712 8715 today!