DevOps Support Engineer (Atlassian/Jira)
Remote, Farnborough, Malvern or Salisbury
DevOps Support Engineer (Atlassian/Jira) is required by prestigious organisation in their Farnborough, Malvern offices or on a remote basis.
As the DevOps Support Engineer (Atlassian/Jira), you will help develop, support and maintain a set of integrated tools and environments to support the project teams developing full stack solutions (i.e. including hardware, electro-optical, firmware, and software components) for research prototypes through to commercial products.
What's in it for the DevOps Support Engineer (Atlassian/Jira)?
- An excellent Salary
- Working for a recognised company with an excellent reputation
- Career development across a diverse International organisation (possibility to grow into a technical specialist and/or leadership role, as a wider roll-out will require a larger team to support and continually develop the platform)
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Essential Skills for the DevOps Support Engineer (Atlassian/Jira):
- Eligible for or hold SC clearance
- Scripting experience for process automation such as Bash, PowerShell or Groovy
- Experience of Continuous Integration/Continuous deployment pipelines and DevOps
- Proven track record of using and administering the Atlassian suite
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration (e.g. Docker, and Kubernetes/K8s
- Skilled with version control tools such as Subversion, Mecurial or Git
- Prior experience of deploying to cloud services such as Azure or AWS
- Experienced with Jenkins or Bamboo or other automated build and test servers
- Management of Virtual Hosting platforms with VMWare solutions preferred
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline configurations
- Change control, configuration management and tooling (Such as Terraform or Ansible)
- Experienced in Management of virtual hosting (ideally with VMware)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal for educating users and capturing processes
Desirable Skills for the DevOps Support Engineer (Atlassian/Jira):
- Experience with monitoring tools.
- Skilled with security/vulnerability tools;
- Experience of DevSecOps
- Prior experience with code coverage and static analysis tools;
- Experience migrating legacy data to Atlassian platform
If you have the essential skills, keen to work as a IT Platform Engineer (Atlassian/Jira) and want to work for a company who invest in their technology and staff, then please apply via the link.