Dev Ops Engineer
Our client's work is vital to safeguarding Scotland's children and vulnerable adults. Having undergone an ambitious programme of technical transformation, we are embarking on an equally challenging programme of delivering a system capable of implementing, as well as continuously improving the existing system.
- Implement high-level technical requirements in a reliable, scalable and performant way
- Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues
- Ensure due technical consideration is given to make processes repeatable, scalable and secure
- Have deep technical knowledge and experience in DevOps environments, providing support to delivery teams and solving complex problems
- Attend all associated Agile ceremonies and make use of collaborative tooling (Slack, Confluence, Jira)
- Be proactive on identifying improvements.
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Be able to work with clients with low technical expertise
- Some out of hours working may be required during release schedules and hotfixes.
Work remotely for now, when office opens, work will be at the below address and specialist may have to attend this office address as required. It is likely a large proportion of the week will be remote working.
Base location is Glasgow, Scotland
Key Skills / Experience
- Expert level Kubernetes infrastructure build and operate experience and able to demonstrate examples of this
- Demonstrable experience building secure solutions on Kubernetes at scale using AWS EKS.
- Experience with Istio service mesh - able to give an example of involvement in this
- Experience building secure solutions using Hashicorp tooling: Terraform and Vault and can supply evidence of this.
- Containerise services using best practices and clearly able to demonstrate ability to do this.
- 5+ years in a practical DevOps role