Location - Remote
Salary - Up to £75,000 plus benefits
My client is a global leader in digital transformation space and due to growth they are actively expanding their DevOps teams.
We are looking for a DevOps engineering to work on customer projects. The role will require DevOps engineer experience and combine aspects of both technical and an IT operations role.
Work with customers throughout the whole cloud lifecycle, providing comprehensive support to transform and evolve their application portfolios via native cloud development. Support customers using the latest software development methods with a set of validated DevOps and DevSecOps practices to build the right environment to rapidly launch new services to customers.
You will be involved with coding, and a knowledge of coding languages and principles is required to find problems and build solutions. You will also be involved in the project management and planning side of development.
- Analyze current technology utilized within a customer contract, project and solution and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and 'fixes'
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration.
- Work closely with engineering professionals to maintain cloud infrastructure and platform services needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
- Mentor and train other engineers and seek to continually improve processes.
THE RIGHT PERSON
- Experience in DevOps engineering for a large enterprises or public sector.
- Excellent teamworking and communication skills.
- Knowledge of programming languages.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a good attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management, ability to work on multiple projects at same time.
- Clear understanding of DevOps and Agile principles.
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures.
- Experience in use solutions and services on AWS and Microsoft Azure Cloud platforms.
- Experience in containerized environments (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience with software engineering and customer experience.
- UK Security Clearance (SC) required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years in engineering, architectural. operational role delivery cloud services.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Applications, Engineering, or a related field.
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals, and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms
If this role is of interest please click the link to apply or email