Up to £525 per day
Location: 90% remote - will require travel to London and Westminster
Duration: 6 months plus extensions
Start date: ASAP
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
You will be based on site working with one of the UK's most digital organisations and leading the technology revolution across the public sector. With over 50 million customers at the heart of everything they do the scope and impact of your work is limitless. As a team, they're not afraid to try new technologies and new ways of working.
We're looking for people who challenge the status quo and are constantly looking to shape their working environment to make it an exciting, fun and interesting place to work.
Keeping things fresh is something we encourage in our working practices, but the culture of continuous improvement is equally as important in our technical approach to building and delivering modern digital services. As a valued team member, your knowledge and experiences will be used to change the way we build solutions including utilising new tools and technologies to solve new problems or improve existing services.
Working on our services means you'll have your own team, but you'll also be a part of a several communities spread over multiple sites. This means you'll always have people on hand to share and discuss ideas and get help when needed. Like your team, your communities are also self-sufficient, so if you want to change something it's within your power to do so.
The role you'll do
- Ideal candidates will have strong technical competence in:
- Extensive knowledge of Platforms as a Service (e.g., Azure App services, Gov.uk paas) and their trade-offs.
- Experience with Linux administration and Linux containers, including Docker.
- Experience with building for the cloud in Azure and AWS with configuration management tools like ARM templates, terraform, Cloudformation.
- Coding experience with languages such as Ruby, powershell, bash.
- Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment of microservice-based web applications and relational databases.
- Knowledge of performance and stability monitoring, and the particulars of performance monitoring microservice architectures.
- Proven ability to collaborate with technical and nontechnical stakeholders to determine appropriate approaches to development and operations, and effect lasting adoption of these approaches.
- Experience with supporting different stages of an application lifecycle.
- Experience in, and a preference for, working in multi-disciplinary, agile environments.
- Contributes to a friendly, inclusive work environment.
How you will be rewarded
Our client is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms, we offer competitive market rates and excellent opportunities to develop.
If you're ready for your next career challenge and would make a great fit for this role, click the link to apply today.
At Experis, we're the global leader in professional IT resourcing and solutions, operating in more than 50 countries worldwide. Thanks to our expert industry knowledge, history of success and strong relationships with organisations large and small, we're perfectly placed to match specialist IT professionals into permanent and contract assignments.