3-6 month contract
Remote then Manchester / Newcastle depending on candidates preference
Going via PAYE or Umbrella
As a Lead DevOps Engineer you will have a proven experience in the development deployment and support of software applications and services that are focused on stability availability and quality. You will work with a number of multi-functional agile delivery teams guiding and supporting the DevOps and development (engineers) to build in quality using industry best practices to the products that make up our citizen services.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of applications' build release deployment and configuration activities.
Shared Channels Experience are the custodians of the common customer experience across DWP. We are leading the simplification and consistency of experience across all channels products and services - enabling our users to get support faster. We're looking for talented Engineers with experience in DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure to join our DWP Digital team. We build next generation Cloud native infrastructure using technologies such as Terraform Docker and Kubernetes. We implement services built on infrastructure in AWS and work on immutable containerised microservices solutions. We work in a highly agile team-oriented digital environment. We're test-driven innovative and iterative in our approach.
* Provisioning (Terraform, Ansible)
* Experience of continuous integration/continuous delivery and deployment tools like GitLab CI, Spinnaker or Helm
* Ability to build, deploy, support, patch, and operate cloud applications in cloud applications - AWS, AZURE, APIs
* Awareness of Code and system management (Modify and maintain legacy systems and code, standardise systems and code, Evolve systems and code)
* Understands key principles of modern standards approach and how they apply to the work they are undertaking
* Understands core technical concepts related to their role and is able to apply them.
* Experience of containers and containerised workloads
* Experience of version controls systems (git and GitLab)
* Experience of deploying serverless functions such as AWS Lambda is desirable
* Experience of container-orchestration systems such as Kubernetes is desirable
* Experience of Kubernetes related technologies, such as service mesh using Istio, also desirable.
If you feel you are suitable for this role please submit your CV in the first instance.