DevOps Egineer, Azure, AWS, Docker, CI, CD, Microservices, Terraform, Ansible, Cloud, Developer, Developing, Developed, YAML, Bash, Scripting, Continuous Integration, Mav3n, Elastic, Kabana, Grafana,
Our Central Government client based in either North West or North East are recruiting for a DevOps Engineer. The role will be predominantly remote.
We are looking for an experienced Lead DevOps Engineer able to manage and build our DevOps platform.
Senior Lead a DevOps Engineering team providing support, technical guidance, creating a DevOps culture and implementing automation best practices. This will include coaching, mentoring and supporting your team members, taking responsibility for their decision-making and their professional development.
- Responsible for large blocks of work, employees in varied disciplines and with a wide span of leadership, breaking down user stories into tasks.
- Design and manage the tactics for building reusable libraries, templates and services and own the development of medium-long term strategies for product lines within your Functional and Professional Communities
Key Skills / Experience
- Provide experience of working in a large scale organisation and/or Public Sector within dev ops area especially AWS utilising various tools and packages such as Ansible, Puppet (giving worked examples)
- Demonstrate 3+ years in a practical DevOps role, with examples of assignments and key outcomes
- Confirm Expert level AWS infrastructure build and operate experience, with examples of assignments and key outcomes
- Demonstrable experience building secure solutions AWS - state solutions which were built
- Demonstrate practical experience with RedHat Linux, shared worked examples of experience and successful outcomes
- Demonstrate experience of managing infrastructure as code, catering for multiple environment differences, using Puppet, Ansible within a government organisation - share key objectives and goals reached
- Demonstrable experience delivering CI/CD pipelines - state involvement in design/build/maintenance with examples
- Demonstrate mentoring colleagues in automation, security, and reliability, within a DevOps context - explain a scenario and key outcome
- Show experience of managing infrastructure as code, catering for multiple environment differences - state deployments which have been worked on, with examples