DevOps Architect (Shared Platforms)
The Lead DevOps technical Architect will oversee all activities required to deliver the Strategic API platform. Working closely under the guidance from Technical Leads and alignment to departmental Engineering strategies, the individual is responsible for the design, development and implementation of infrastructure automation, authentication mechanisms through development to production environments.
The resource will work closely with the Integration Technical Lead as well of the DevOps lead within Integration. They will also work closely with the a large team within Integration who are responsible for deploying the Kong EE API platform. The large team will have a mix of both Internal and also consultants. The resource will also ensure the strategy aligns to the Integration Shared Service team so that common reusable components developed can be owned and maintained by the correct team. The resource should also represent our client with external suppliers i.e. Kong.
- Provide DevOps leadership over the overall design, development and implementation of the strategic Kong Enterprise Platform.
- Contribute to the development of Terraform modules
- Provide deep technical insight into discussions with Technical Leads, Architects and Engineering to ensure the product can be deployed allowing teams to self serve without needing none value add tasks from integration to on-board customers.
- Represent Integration in discussions with wider Practice, to ensure alignment to department engineering strategy
- Provide ongoing skills transfer
Key Skills / Experience
- Experience (2>5years) of delivering design and development capability of base layer infrastructure in AWS using Terraform heavy focus on modules and re-useable components
- Immediate capacity to supply experienced technical skills in Solution and Technical Architecture supported by references of deliveries they have either led or had significant involvement utilising AWS.
- Demonstrate experience of using Git and GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket within the last 2 years
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment within the last 2 years
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) within the last 2 years
- Experience working within Government within the last 3 years. Ideally either as an API Provider or Consumer who has interfaced with the existing API platform
- Have experience working with API gateway technologies within the last two years, ideally Kong
- Capacity to supply experienced technical skills in Dev Ops supported by references of deliveries they have either led or had significant involvement utilising Kubernetes.