Experis are currently recruiting for a Delivery Manager for a government client. The project is to consolidate their vast digital estate, made up of online services and applications hosted across a variety of platforms. The successful contractor will need to facilitate discussions with stakeholders to understand their current/future requirements and then create a road-map for the project. They will also be involved in coaching the team to ensure successful delivery of the project and road-map.
The Delivery Manager will work with the Lead Service Design Manager and Operations Manager, as joint Product Managers on the project. They will also be expected to work alongside colleagues from the Digital Services department and engage with stakeholders. Experience of working in government and working with legacy systems would be beneficial
- Proactive/passionate/positive/delivery-focused expert, strong advocate of Agile practices. Experience in delivering a range of agile methods, frameworks, methodologies and tools, and understand which best to apply in a given situation
- Experience of matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams and skilled at building trust, reflecting, motivating and challenging the team, and innovating to create or tailor new ways of working.
- Strong diplomacy/negotiation skills, to engage with team members, colleagues and senior stakeholders, build effective relationships and achieve buy-in collaboratively. Uses information to challenge status quo and inspires confidence of stakeholders.
- User-focused, with proven experience of understanding robust, secure and inclusive digital products that meet user needs, technical requirements, legal or policy constraints and the quality expectations of the business.
- Understanding of the digital landscape, with experience of relevant sector(s) (government, archives, information services, culture and heritage) and working with legacy systems.
- Experience of developing product road-maps and backlogs, structuring and tracking work, managing spend and communicating and forecasting progress and velocity.
- Detailed knowledge of using JIRA to plan and manage products and services.
- Understanding of CMS's, data and cloud platforms.
- Experience delivering website consolidation type projects in the past