Decision Systems Manager
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. The role holder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
- Deliver Decision Systems projects in a timely and accurate manner within a team.
- Meeting growing business and regulatory needs, in an environment of strong cost control and high demand for Decision systems resource.
- Understanding and communicating priorities with major stakeholders.
- Contribute to the project planning process, liaising with stakeholders and project sponsors on a regular basis.
- Prioritize and delegate planned projects, whilst effectively managing and challenging requests for unplanned or ad-hoc work.
- Positively support the vision and strategy of the department, working with the Senior Leadership Team to engage and motivate team members.
- Develop and maintain a productive relationship with the offshore analytics teams.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong statistics/machine learning experience (using R or Python) and proficient in SAS & SQL
- Develops and uses financial and management information to better understand their business area and identify new deployments.
- Provide support and expert advice to business areas where queries arise regarding risk strategies.
- Ensure, through accurate specifications, testing and post implementation reviews, that solutions devised from their projects are implemented accurately and with the associated benefits being manifested.
- Capability to develop, implement and maintain data driven solutions to assist CMB businesses in achieving profit and growth targets Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Ability to present complex concepts and results in a way tailored to the audience in a persuasive and compelling way.