Job title - Debt SME
Location - London
Rate - £550 - £650 per day PAYE, Umbrella payment options available
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6-9 months
Our financial services client is currently seeking an experienced Debt SME to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will last 6-9 months.
The Debt SME is primarily accountable for working with external counsel and internal SMEs to understand the impact on current MREL across the key jurisdictions and convert this into deliverables for the workstream to support the design and delivery of capabilities to meet the BoE's RAF requirements. The ideal candidate will either currently work within or have previously worked at a medium to large financial institution. Experience in working within regulatory programmes within the UK will also be beneficial.
- Leveraging the knowledge from Group Treasury and existing workstream resources to analyse the impact on MREL/TLAC.
- Working with a broad range of stakeholders (internal and external), including legal counsel to translate requirements and advice into appropriate deliverables for completion within programme timelines.
- Leverage SME knowledge and external counsel to support development of deliverables and processes to ensure The business has BAU / Resolution capabilities to:
- Execute the required steps necessary so that the BoE can take the appropriate action for existing MREL/TLAC at the commencement of resolution.
- Issue a Certificate of Entitlement within the UK and across a number of other jurisdictions.
- Identify and communicate promptly to key stakeholders such as existing shareholders, employees, investors, local regulators and other external organisations which may be impacted by the treatment of the business' MREL in resolution.
- Develop and document Debt in Resolution capabilities clearly and concisely, incl. the MREL in Resolution playbook
- Support management of interdependencies with other workstreams and businesses / functions in order to develop and deliver capabilities, including MREL interdependencies ahead of or within resolution scenario
Knowledge and Experience:
- Banking professional with > 5 years banking experience working in a medium to large financial institution, ideally directly within a Treasury function or a finance function supporting Treasury related activities (eg accounting and finance)
- Well rounded degree-level educational background (Qualified Accountant)
- Sound understanding of the Capital and MREL concepts/calculations/reporting obligations applicable to UK financial institutions.
- Experience working on UK led regulatory programmes such as the BoE's current Resolvability Assessment Framework
- Strong financial reporting skills and able to understand key financial disclosures across entities financial statements.
- Previous involvement in process improvement projects involving implementations of new IT solutions (eg. Qliksense)
- Knowledge of the wider regulatory context and trends in financial services
- Strong understanding of risks and controls with Audit background
- Strong Analysis Skills (including assimilating extensive data and information sets)
- Comfortable presenting to various stakeholders within UK and cross border
- Well organized; conducting activities through planning
- Open and approachable manner, working well as part of a wider team
- Can work to demanding deadlines under pressure
- Ability to impart knowledge to others, thus facilitating the development of a multi-skilled team
- Ability to build a reputation for expertise and professionalism amongst key stakeholders, customers and colleagues
- Ability to work in a global context, recognizing variations in context and constraint between countries