Agile Project / Delivery Manager for digital product development and contract management
Our client is looking for an experienced Agile Delivery Manager (or project manager with experience of delivering software products) to ensure the successful delivery of software products and services involving teams of in-house experts and external contractors according to the GDS Service standards following Agile practices.
You will work with different multi-disciplinary teams. For example:
Transformation Engine: in-house product team (product manager, data engineer, user researcher, technical architect, developers) with access to users and other specialists as needed. You will manage agile delivery of software and processes.
DiAGRAM and PRONOM: Software design and development (following Agile principles) will be undertaken by external suppliers working collaboratively with the Delivery Manager and an in-house Product Manager. Both Products require implementation of improvements to existing services: PRONOM is a live service, DiAGRAM is in private beta. You will manage the external contractors' delivery to time, budget and quality.
· Deliver a rapid Alpha (and optional Beta) of our 'Data Transformation Engine' with an in-house team, according to GDS Service Standards and Agile principles.
· Oversee delivery of improvements to our 'DiAGRAM' and 'PRONOM' software products. Each is led by an in-house product manager, development work is contracted to external suppliers. PRONOM is moving from legacy technology to a modern, linked-data architecture. DiAGRAM's user interface requires accessibility improvements.
· You will remove obstacles, track progress, facilitate meetings and help the teams organise themselves to ensure that objectives are met.
Key Skills / Experience
· Extensive experience of delivering high quality software using an iterative Agile approach.
· Detailed knowledge and experience of using JIRA to plan and manage software development.
· Experience of delivering projects to the Government Service Standard, including examples of leading projects successfully through service assessments (Alpha, Beta, Live).
· Experience of developing product roadmaps; excellent knowledge of how to create, manage and refine a product backlog of prioritised user stories; ability to structure, estimate and track delivery in Sprints.
· Experience of managing external contractors to ensure delivery of requirements at pace and achieve value for money
· Strong experience of coaching and mentoring team members who are new to Agile ways of working.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex technical concepts to stakeholders in a compelling way.
· Familiarity with working with software teams to develop ETL (extract, transform, load) tools and processes
· An awareness of the needs and challenges of digital preservation and digital archiving.