Role: Solution Architect
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 12 weeks initially
Do you want to be part of a team that is pushing aside boundaries and bursting out into the Cloud? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
We are on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make us more relevant. We are working to create innovative data products that are going to bring value to our customers. We have a new approach, a new platform and even a new team of data scientists to help us.
* Design cohesive data system solutions from source to production, analytics & support and APIs. With business continuity (backup & restore, resiliency, high availability and disaster recovery), compliance (CDDR, RTBF etc) and security considered as standard
* Ensure solutions designs are technically feasible and can deliver against business SLA's
* Build and facilitate creation of reusable archetypes (e.g. acquisition, ingestion, streaming, flat file, intra-day, daily etc). Offering guidance on how the archetypes can be used and evolved based on use cases.
* Designs efficient, cost effective solutions, across on-prem & cloud across the whole pipeline from source to production, analytics & support and APIs, undertaking capacity planning across all systems while generating "Total Cost of Ownership" forecasts with reconciliation between design versus actuals
* Works with Tech Analyst and entire Squad to support best practices, ETL, and data pipeline development and architectural patterns
* Leads on technology incubation capabilities, to support use cases and new technologies, working with Data Engineering, DevOps and Operations and with the squad to estimate cost of change (Gate 0, Gate 2 etc)
* Seen as an expert within the technical components of the domains/products/journeys with an appreciation of full stack engineering with a passion for leading & mentoring teams including experiences with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous deployment, highly scalable applications, application security
* Hands-on experience working with open-source analytical technologies like R/Python, Tensorflow and/or BI tools like Tableau/Power BI; Cloud analytics platform experience with the ability to phase the delivery of analytical solutions such that it can meet immediate needs, while building towards the long-term strategic solution
* Understanding of holistic enterprise architecture and interplay of analytical components with enterprise foundational components (data architecture/governance, security, etc.) coupled with an ability to effortlessly switch gears from summary view for leadership to hands-on discussion with practitioners
* Background in programming skills in modern program languages across stack (e.g., Java, Node, Ruby, React, Angular, etc.) with excellent knowledge of engineering best-practices, DevOps and in building scalable API microservices. Experience in Agile Development, with specific Solution Architect (or similar) experience preferred
* Understands relationship with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Design Lead and rest of technical team and experience managing technical priorities within the Backlog with strong communication skills with ability to align the organization on complex technical decisions with active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow and maximize the team's potential
* 5 or more years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and developing complex, high-quality analytical solutions and 3 or more years in an Analytic Architecture role designing technology architectures, detailed workflows, best practices and governance guidelines
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
- Job Type:
- Digital Workspace
- Job reference:
- about 1 month ago