Data Solution Architect
£55,800 - £60,654
Fixed-term contract - 3 years
We are delighted to be Recruiting a Data Solution Architect with a well respected Education provider based in Birmingham! The aim being to deliver a brand new technology strategy and require a Data Solutions Architect to take the reins. This role will be offered as a fixed-term contract for three years with the potential to become fully permanent. The Data Solution Architect will play a crucial part in designing the Education provider's Data architecture and defining the strategic data requirements. In addition, this role will contribute to the development of the Education provider's -wider data governance and the writing of new policies and standards.
The Solution Architecture team is responsible for designing and in addition to sometimes including end-to-end development of new solutions (including requirement engineering). They are responsible for maintaining the education provider's architectural policies, principles and standards. The team will also provide quality assurance and act as the design authority for new technology and business solutions. Additionally, they develop and maintain the architectural repository, which contains blueprints and roadmaps for the Education provider 's critical technology solutions.
Responsibilities of the Data Solution Architect will include:
- Developing and maintaining the Data definitions and Data catalogue
- Design the future data architecture that helps the Education provider deliver the technology strategy
- Develop and maintain architectural blueprints, target operating models and roadmaps
- Develop architectural policies, principles and standards and ensure technical teams follow them
- Take full responsibility for specification, design and quality assurance of new solutions
- Agree on solution scope, determine and recommend End-to-End solution design that enables the desired business outcome
- Monitors technical progress, informing project management of major technical issues and making recommendations on their resolution
- Contribute to the tendering process and product selection and lead technical conversations with suppliers.
What the Data Solution Architect will need:
- Experience in designing complex data reporting, BI solutions
- Experience in Azure and Power BI is desirable
- Experience in working in hybrid cloud, multi-suppliers, complex architecture
- Experience in delivering data-driven transformation programs
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good stakeholder management at all levels
In addition to a competitive basic salary the successful Data Solution Architect can look forward to,32 days annual leave plus bank holidays and generous employer pension contribution of 15%
If you feel the above is for you apply today for immediate consideration.