Data Scientist (SC or DV Cleared)
The Data Scientist will work with the existing Data project team and Acreditation team to analyse and manipulate existing project data, improve reporting metrics and identify data attributes that will inform the discovery phase.
- Engage with stakeholders across Defence to determine Reporting Metrics required
- Identify key data attributes and data value streams
- Source, access, manipulate and engineer data processes from project data that typically have characteristics of volume, velocity and variety.
- Exploring and visualising project data to present the 'story' of data in a meaningful way to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
Key Skills / Experience
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Engineering or other numerical field is preferred
- Experience of Agile development CI/CD pipeline 3.Ability to produce usable metrics from large data sets.
- You know how to undertake data profiling and source system analysis and can present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of linking data feeds between different tools to exploit common data
- Can demonstrate experience of working with data that informs risk management decisions