Data Scientist Advanced Analytics
Sunbury (Remote for the foreseeable)
As a Data Scientist Advanced Analytics, you will become an active member of the extended global Credit team within our clients trading and shipping business.
Your key focus will be to help develop quantitative models and reporting tools and you will be given an opportunity to play a key role on a challenging high profile multi-million-dollar systems roadmap.
You will also be at the cutting edge of data exploration activities in order to help drive efficiencies via automated tools, provide valuable insights as well as tackle business problems using data.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of commodities/energy credit risk exposure modelling concepts and credit pricing.
- Knowledge of Probability of Default (PD) / Loss Given Default (LGD) / Exposure at Default (EAD)/ PFE modelling
- Experience in any of the following software development environments: Python / VBA / Java / C++/ C#/SQL.
- Effective listening skills in order to understand business requirements.
- Team-working skills and a collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions.
- Drive and resilience to try new ideas if the first one doesn't work.
- Comfort working with ambiguity, framing and solving problems in an iterative manner.
- Ability to deliver effectively against our values and expectations against near and long-term objectives.
- Positive attitude and curious mind.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to interpret complex business scenarios and produce accurate analysis and MI/Data solutions under pressure.
- Prior exposure to energy commodity trading, credit risk/quant roles
- An excellent understanding and proven commercial experience using machine learning techniques.
- Experience with using Numerix and Dataiku platforms.
- Foreign language proficiency a potential plus.
- Open to supporting agile work arrangements including but not limited to flexibility with respect to hours, location, remote working and full vs. part-time.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.