Role: Data Scientist
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Remote, with travel to Leeds 1-2 days per week
Duration: 3-6 months
- Turn raw data into meaningful information that organisations can use to improve their businesses
- In first direct we collect large amounts of data. Your job is to use data to find patterns and help solve the problems faced by businesses in innovative and imaginative ways to enable end to end tracking and performance management of digital onboarding funnels.
- Connecting together Marketing channels, Public website, Digital sales funnel and Risk outcomes with operational impacts downstream into one funnel enabling future demand simulation and machine learning.
- You'll extract, analyse and interpret data from a range of sources, using algorithmic, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical tools, in order to make it accessible to businesses.
- You'll present results using clear and engaging language.
- Work closely with the business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
- Test data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project
- Maintain clear communication to understand data needs and report results
- Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
- Horizon scan to stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods
- Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organisation
- Stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
You'll typically need to be a great team player with great communication skills and the ability to deliver great results. For the role you will need a background in a computer science, mathematical or science-based subject to work as a data scientist e.g.
- Computer science
- Data science/computer and data science
- E2e e-commerce data, tracking, re-targeting and A/B testing specialist
- Able to drive personalised acquisition journeys
- Experience in digital marketing
- Can get hands on with data and funnels including using tools like adobe, splunk
- Can build, manage and drive optimisation backlogs
- Experience working with GCP
Please submit CVs today!