London (remote working)
Our client is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. Their customers range from individual savers and investors to some of the world's biggest companies, governments and international organisations. They aim to connect them to opportunities and help them to achieve their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join the Chief Data Office (CDO) team within Markets & Securities Services in the role of the Data Modeller. The role holder will support the delivery of MSS CDO capabilities and programmes, and will be a strategist for defining and structuring data in the context of the MSS Business and Data Architecture. This includes activities such as data modelling (conceptual, logical and physical), data dictionary management, data curation, data views and integration, and governing these within the broader reference data architecture.
- Defining an appropriate and business friendly data model to fit the level of data granularity required to navigate through MSS Data
- Defining the data modelling and architectural principles, guardrails and standards and drive the adoption of these within the MSS Businesses and Functions
- Providing the technical expertise, consultancy and collaboration to support the adoption of the above
- Assessing and reviewing the evolution of the MSS logical models
- Reviewing and assessing the alignment of the Conceptual Data Model currently hosted by Group, to the Data Models
- Assisting MSS CDO capabilities with modelling new data elements into the Group strategic data
- Aligning business data model to Group standards
- Defining the strategy and implementation roadmap for the automatic generation of logical and physical models
- Expertise in data modelling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models
- Ability to draw a clear picture of the Market and Security Services from a data POV
- Understanding of Investment Banking practices
- Expertise in developing diagrams representing key data entities and their relationships using industry modelling standards e.g. Class Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas in writing and verbally, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt modelling methods from case studies or other proven approaches
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders of a senior level, understand technology and business concepts quickly
- Proven track record of taking ownership / responsibility for work and be comfortable working independently in a fast moving environment with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Experience in data modelling and metadata tools e.g. Visual Paradigm, Collibra
- Flexible approach to working hours and environment
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.