- Data Engineering Specialist - Cornwall-8 months
Fancy working with one of the UK's biggest names in the Communications Sector?
Role: Data Engineering Specialist
Contract - 8 months
Start Date: ASAP
About the client:
Our client enables people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential by creating technology that transforms the way people work, play, and communicate. They develop and market software, services, and hardware that deliver new opportunities, greater convenience, and enhanced value to people's lives.
The role holder provide a technical skillset to support and change IT services, responsible for the ongoing support of all local, wide area and Wi-Fi networks across c.125 sites. The team maintain the customer's network infrastructure for accessing their IT systems and security of the network, keeping them within the agreed availability levels whilst proactively and effectively managing the system performance and capacity.
The role of Data Engineering Specialist you will be responsible for the design and technical support of network related infrastructure and security incidents, estimate of technical resources to the projects for network changes, performing to the required job standards and delivery in accordance to the agreed goals within the SLA driven environment. You will be the technical escalation point for your data network team colleagues.
- Expert Network infrastructure and Network Security technology skills to deliver the role
- Knowledge of EMS products, customer IT systems and applications
- Business acumen: knowledgeable of delivery within an SLA driven environment
- Competent Communication skills: ability to translate technical into non-technical at all levels internally and externally
- Stakeholder management: ability to interact and influence within technical field at all levels internally and externally
- Effective relationship building: ability to deal with people across a wide range of functions and participating in virtual teams
- Adaptability: flexible to changes in working practices and requirements
- ITIL process experience required to deliver the role
- Be responsible for process briefing/training where required
- Monitor & control process performance and compliance
- Reporting aspects relating to your processes
- Hold a current Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCDP or equivalent networking qualification
- Must have the ability to gain National Security Vetting clearance to SC level + customer specific extensions, which requires residence in the UK for a minimum of 5 years
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for providing Data Network support services, ensuring that customer needs are met as per the contractual requirement
- Accountable for accurate and timely recording time spent on support and project activities in the Time Recording System
- Identifying/progressing new business opportunities, service enhancements and development opportunities across the Data Network services
- Configuration, Support and Administration of the Network and Firewall monitoring toolset
- Estimating, analysing, designing, documenting, developing, testing and debugging new/changes to services to agreed SLAs / KPIs
- Planning, testing and documenting new and existing functionality to defined specifications/ requirements to agreed estimates
- Provision of technical support / knowledge transfer to colleagues when required
- Ensure technical solutions are supportable within contractual SLAs/KPIs and escalate service affecting issues to management in a timely fashion
- Delivering an effective and innovative service that is ISO2Ok compliant which meets contractual obligations and the needs of the customer
- Identify and implement PIPs/SIPs (Performance Improvement Plans / Service Improvement Plans)
- Identify opportunities to grow the capability across the EMS estate
- Production of month end reporting to confirm SLA performance, analysis of report set and development of trending data to support or identify improvements and or underlying issues as required
- Responsible for providing Data Network support services for the WAN Contract ensuring that customer needs are met as per the contractual requirement
- Available when required to work out of hours either on an overtime or oncall basis
If this sounds like you, please do not hesitate to apply now!