Data Engineer - Developer
: 22/12/2021, 11:59:00 PM
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"Do you want to be part of a team that is pushing aside boundaries and bursting out into the Cloud? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you" - Data Engineer Manager - Dev.
What you'll do:
* Develop and deliver technical solutions in an agile manor which satisfy our stakeholders
* Produce detailed deliverable's that follow the development standards and principles, on time
* Strive for excellence, challenge assumptions and bring solutions
* Ensure that quality is maintained at all stages of the SDLC and that processes are followed in a timely and thorough manner
* Work with and assist the other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input
* Share knowledge and collaborate with colleagues during the project life-cycle, contribute to shared capabilities used across our squads
What you'll bring:
* Cloud experience, GCP or AWS useful, with in depth understanding of large-scale data, data warehouses, data pipelines and/or data streaming
* Excellent SQL skills and understanding of RDMS, experience of Google BigQuery, Netezza or other MPP system useful
* Skills in Shell scripting and/or a programming language such as Python, Java or other
* An attention to detail, a desire to improve and an attitude to deliver
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment
* SOA/SOP and micro-services based data solutions, would be advantageous
* Experience of the full software development life-cycle including IaC, TDD and CI/CD
Data, Tech & Analytics: Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make us more relevant. We are working with the rest of the organisation to create innovative data products that are going to change Sky and bring value to our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
- Job Type:
- Job reference:
- 14 days ago