Data Engineer (SC or DV Cleared)
Data Analysis and Transformation
The Data Engineer will work with the existing Defence project team and Accreditation team to analyse existing project data, improve reporting metrics and identify data attributes that will inform the disvovery phase.
The Data Engineer will also work with the Secure by Design team from the Cyber Resiliance Programme and the Standards as a Service Team.
- Engage with stakeholders across Defence to determine Reporting Metrics required
- Identify key data attributes and data value streams
- Produce new business reporting metrics from existing data.
- Analyse data quality and identify Targets of Accreditation (TOA) that require improvements in data quality
- Communicate with TOA owners attributes that require improved data quality
- Exploit existing data feeds to inform future tooling Discovery phase
Key Skills / Experience
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Engineering or other numerical field is preferred
- Experience of Agile development CI/CD pipeline
- Know how to undertake data profiling and source system analysis and can present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of linking data feeds between different tools to exploit common data
- Can demonstrate experience of working with data that informs risk management decisions.