Data Engineer (SC CLEARED)
Experis are currently recruiting for a number of Data Engineer for a large central government client in the South West. The successful contractor will work within a small Data Operations Team, which is part of a wider Team - Cyber Mission Data Alpha. This team consists of Authority Crown Servants, current contract supplier technical resource, and separately procured technical resource.
The Cyber Mission Data Alpha team fits within the current construct of the Data as a Service function, which forms part of the wider Defence Cyber Operations.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Engineering or other numerical field is preferred
- Experience in data mining
- Awareness of machine-learning and operations research, statistical data analysis and data visualisation
- Familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Experience of Agile development CI/CD pipeline.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of data connectivity to visualisation tools such as ODBC, JDBC, OLEDB etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of Regex Syntax, use of capture groups and experience of creating Regex pattern matching syntax.
- Understanding of computer networking (WAN), including network design, security and logging.
- Experience of open source data processing/management tools such as NiFi, Spark, Kafka, Druid, Oozie Storm, Hive, HDFS etc.
- Understanding of Regex Syntax, use of capture groups and experience of creating Regex pattern matching syntax.
- Experience of working with network security data sets, including Syslog, CEF, IDS/IPS Log etc.
- Familiarity with Red Hat Linux Operating System.
- Able to write scripts using Python or Bash.