Birmingham (Home Working/Office Split)
Salary between £45-65,000
My leading client is recruiting for a Data Engineer who will be joining a growing team looking for additional support with exciting complex datasets using cutting edge technology.
The role will be supporting large complex datasets and working on an initial business problem, building a plan to eradicate the issue, and executing the proposal through building insights from raw data. You will need to understand how to build clear insights presenting your findings from the data and can articulate the findings to relevant end users in a compelling way to keep technical and non-technical users engaged. You will have an interest in the workflows surrounding the analysis e.g. data warehousing, business intelligence and data science and have a strong understanding of extracting data from various sources, including SQL databases, Document Databases and WEB API's. The role will also require requirements gathering from both technical and non-technical users and you will be able to address the issue and build a hypothesis which can be tested against the data.
- Experience in a data engineer or analyst position
- Strong experience of gathering requirements from relevant end users
- Ability to articulate technical jargon into non-technical jargon
- Experienced extracting data from various sources, including but not limited to SQL databases & Web API's
- Previous experience analysing complex datasets based on broad sets of requirements
- Strong data visualisation techniques and methods with the ability to present your findings to a non-technical audience.
- Using the PyData stack for goal focused analysis (Numpy/Scipy, Pandas, NLTK/spaCy)
- Creation of data ingestion pipelines in SSIS, Data Factory or similar technologies
- Techniques and tools for sanitizing data prior to use
- Working in a cloud environment with an understanding of the different constraints and opportunities this presents.
- Awareness of Big Data workloads and distributed data processing using tools such as Blaze/Spark/Hadoop/Dask
- Understands ETL techniques for building a data solution
If you're interested in the role, please apply.