Data Engineer - Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, we have an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer / Developer to make their mark at a leading media and entertainment brand.
Do you want to be part of a team that is pushing aside boundaries and bursting out into the Cloud? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
The Data, Technology & Analytics team is on a mission to bring our client's customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make the organisation more relevant. This area is working with the rest of business to create innovative data products that are going to change the industry and bring value to customers.
What you'll do:
- Develop and deliver technical solutions in an agile manor which satisfy stakeholders
- Produce detailed deliverable's that follow the development standards and principles, on time
- Strive for excellence, challenge assumptions and bring solutions
- Ensure that quality is maintained at all stages of the SDLC and that processes are followed in a timely and thorough manner
- Work with and assist the other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input
- Share knowledge and collaborate with colleagues during the project life-cycle, contribute to shared capabilities used across our squads
What you'll bring:
- Cloud experience, GCP or AWS useful, with in depth understanding of large-scale data, data warehouses, data pipelines and/or data streaming
- Excellent SQL skills and understanding of RDMS, experience of Google BigQuery, Netezza or other MPP system useful
- Skills in Shell scripting and/or a programming language such as Python, Java or other
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment
- SOA/SOP and micro-services based data solutions, would be advantageous
- Experience of the full software development life-cycle including IaC, TDD and CI/CD
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband.
- Be part of an organisation recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women'
- Six subsidised restaurants on site
- A subsidised gym and private cinema